Edit Mode: Add or remove places and events to this , then click done editing:

Done Editing

Brooksville Common

Add to plan Remove from plan
The First United Methodist Church purchased this property, which was the original site of the First Presbyterian Church built in 1914. The church was relocated to 250 Bell Avenue. Subsequently, the Carlton family purchased the old brick building and quickly converted it into the popular “Carlton’s Grocery and Market.”

Carlton’s closed in 1998 and the building sat abandoned and eventually needed to be demolished. The Methodist Church and others in the community felt that the lot’s history and location warranted something special be done with the site that would not only enhance the city’s colorful history and charm but more importantly draw churches and people to God and to each other
  • Family Friendly
  • Other
  • Nature & Outdoors
Processing